About This Plan
Before you start import/export , obtaining an IEC(Import Export Code) is a prequisite. This is a unique 10-digit number that will help you in establishing your identity in front of the Authorities. An IEC is necessary for import/export of goods. It is also, required if you are providing services outside India. Cleartax will help you obtain your IEC without a hassle.
- We do a thorough check of the files you send in
- Our team will process your application online. We will also follow up with the department regularly till your code is issued
- The TIN will be issued within 15 days of the application
- Advisory on registration requirement
- Preparation of application form
- Obtaining Import Export Code
- Documented Follow-up
- Business hours -CA support
Who Should Buy
- Every exporter or importer of goods
- Service provider serving clients abroad. Also, applicable if you are importing a service depending upon if you are covered under reverse charge mechanism or not.
How It's Done
- Purchase of Plan
- Upload documents on vault
- Filing of application
- Receipt of Import Export Licence
Why register for IEC? Benefits
The IEC registration helps traders open the doors to venture into the global market, including registration in online e-commerce operators. Businesses can avail government schemes like Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS), Service Export from India Scheme (SEIS) and others from Customs and Export Promotion No compliance requirements pos registration and hence maintaining the business is relatively simple The process of obtaining IEC is not tedious and can be obtained with minimal, basic documents.
Documents To Be Submitted
- Passport Size Photo
- Bank Statement
- Cancelled Cheque
- Authorized Signatory
- Address Proof
- Incorporation Certificate
You can purchase this plan in below price.
Frequenty Asked Questions
Import Export Code Number is unique 10 digit code number issued by Government of India. If a person is interested in making imports & exports, then it is mandatory for him to apply for Import Export Code Number (IEC).
IEC forms the primary document for recognition by Government of India as an Exporter/Importer. On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council etc.
No. IEC forms a primary document for recognition by Govt. of India as Exporter / Importer. However, if value of goods is very low, the concerned customs officer may permit first export (only one time) by imposing penal charges.
Normal time to register an Importer / Exporter Code in India is 10 working days time.